Re: [mythsoc] Pauline Baynes

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
      >We've just had the sad news that Pauline Baynes, the esteemed artist,
      >illustrator of Tolkien's Farmer Giles of Ham, The Adventures of Tom
      >Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book, Smith of Wootton Major,
      >Bilbo's Last Song, etc., and of Lewis's Narnia books, passed away a few
      >days ago at her home in Surrey. She would have turned 86 next month.

      This is a very sad loss indeed. We are all diminished by her passing.

      David Emerson

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
        Diana Glyer will be there for a good chunk of Mythcon--

        -- Lynn --

        > Are there any other authors coming to Mythcon other than the ones I
        list
        > below? I've made this list by going through the membership list in
        the progress
        > report. There apparently isn't any online list of members. This
        is being
        > generous in counting people as authors:
        >
        > ***********************
        > David Bratman
        > Marjorie Burns
        > Joe Christopher
        > Janet Croft
        > Verlyn Flieger
        > Mike Foster
        > Christopher Gilson
        > Wayne Hammond
        > Gwenyth Hood
        > Carl Hostetter
        > Ted Nasmith (well, an artist, but his name appears on the title
        page of
        > books)
        > Sharan Newman
        > Christina Scull
        > Arden Smith
        > Donald T. Williams

        > ******
        >

        > Wendell Wagner
        >

        > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
        budget?
        > Read reviews on AOL Autos.

        (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
        )

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
          Oh God bless her-- this must be especially said for you and Christina,
          Wayne, as I know the two of you had a relationship with her. Thank you
          for letting us know.

          I look forward to seeing you in New Britain!

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"