Re: [mythsoc] Harry Potter IV (w / spoilers)

  • Avie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2000
      At 08:08 26/07/00 -0400, DJB wrote:
      >Finally finished Harry Potter! As usual, delightful and breezy action.
      >There are spoilers from here on out, and if you haven't gotten your copy or
      >finished it, don't read any further.

      <keeping spoiler spaces in again>

      Things definitely took a dark turn
      >where Fudge is concerned; his blind desire not to believe that V is back
      >threatens his position.

      This is something I'm really looking forward to in the next few books -
      Fudge's denial. Will he keep on denying the re-emergence of V? If he
      does, is it because it threatens his current position, he's just a
      yellow-bellied coward, or is there something more sinister in the plot
      somewhere? I've found his character interesting, but can't say I like him
      very much... he's just been a weeeee bit too chummy with HP for my liking.

      > He Who Must Not Be Named doesn't seem to care about
      >whether the followers he has are of age, since three of them are Hogwarts
      >students.

      I was under the impression that the three familiar names were actually the
      parents of the students. I think Rowling writes something along the lines of:
      "...next Voldemort moved up to the largest hooded figures..." (I'd look up
      the page number but I'm too lazy :)
      I was a little surprised that they were all involved - it seemed a bit
      predictable that the meanie kids had rotten parents.

      Regards,
      Avie