List of authors at Mythcon

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
      Are there any other authors coming to Mythcon other than the ones I list
      below? I've made this list by going through the membership list in the progress
      report. There apparently isn't any online list of members. This is being
      generous in counting people as authors:

      ***********************
      David Bratman
      Marjorie Burns
      Joe Christopher
      Janet Croft
      Verlyn Flieger
      Mike Foster
      Christopher Gilson
      Wayne Hammond
      Gwenyth Hood
      Carl Hostetter
      Ted Nasmith (well, an artist, but his name appears on the title page of
      books)
      Sharan Newman
      Christina Scull
      Arden Smith
      Donald T. Williams

      ******

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
        O.K., the list so far, using information given to me off-list. A couple of
        these people aren't listed as being Mythcon members in the progress report.

        Nicholas Birns
        David Bratman
        Anthony Burdge
        Jessica Burke
        Marjorie Burns
        Joe Christopher
        Janet Croft

        Leslie Donovan
        Jason Fisher
        Verlyn Flieger
        Mike Foster
        Christopher Gilson
        Diana Pavlac Glyer
        Wayne Hammond
        Gwenyth Hood
        Carl Hostetter
        Kristine Larsen
        Ted Nasmith (well, an artist, but his name appears on the title page of
        books)
        Sharan Newman
        Christina Scull
        Arden Smith
        Donald T. Williams

        Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      • Wayne G. Hammond
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
          We've just had the sad news that Pauline Baynes, the esteemed artist,
          illustrator of Tolkien's Farmer Giles of Ham, The Adventures of Tom
          Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book, Smith of Wootton Major,
          Bilbo's Last Song, etc., and of Lewis's Narnia books, passed away a few
          days ago at her home in Surrey. She would have turned 86 next month.

          Wayne and Christina

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
            The Tolkien (and Lewis) world will miss Pauline Baynes.

            Nothing's more pleasing to read than Tolkien's delight at first seeing her illustrations for _Farmer Giles_:

            "I am pleased with them beyond even the expectations aroused by the first examples. They are more than illustrations, they are a collateral theme. I showed them to my friends [this would be the Inklings] whose polite comment was that they reduced my text to a commentary on the drawings." (Letter no. 120)

            FGH without those mock-medieval illuminations would be unimaginable. Her great work will live on.
          • David Emerson
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
              >We've just had the sad news that Pauline Baynes, the esteemed artist,
              >illustrator of Tolkien's Farmer Giles of Ham, The Adventures of Tom
              >Bombadil and Other Verses from the Red Book, Smith of Wootton Major,
              >Bilbo's Last Song, etc., and of Lewis's Narnia books, passed away a few
              >days ago at her home in Surrey. She would have turned 86 next month.

              This is a very sad loss indeed. We are all diminished by her passing.

              David Emerson

              PeoplePC Online
              A better way to Internet
              http://www.peoplepc.com
            • Lynn Maudlin
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
                Diana Glyer will be there for a good chunk of Mythcon--

                -- Lynn --

                > Are there any other authors coming to Mythcon other than the ones I
                list
                > below? I've made this list by going through the membership list in
                the progress
                > report. There apparently isn't any online list of members. This
                is being
                > generous in counting people as authors:
                >
                > ***********************
                > David Bratman
                > Marjorie Burns
                > Joe Christopher
                > Janet Croft
                > Verlyn Flieger
                > Mike Foster
                > Christopher Gilson
                > Wayne Hammond
                > Gwenyth Hood
                > Carl Hostetter
                > Ted Nasmith (well, an artist, but his name appears on the title
                page of
                > books)
                > Sharan Newman
                > Christina Scull
                > Arden Smith
                > Donald T. Williams

                > ******
                >

                > Wendell Wagner
                >

                > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
                budget?
                > Read reviews on AOL Autos.

                (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017
                )

              • Lynn Maudlin
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
                  Oh God bless her-- this must be especially said for you and Christina,
                  Wayne, as I know the two of you had a relationship with her. Thank you
                  for letting us know.

                  I look forward to seeing you in New Britain!

                  -- Lynn --

                  --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"