RE: [mythsoc] Hobbit-themed subdivision in foreclosure

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@...> wrote:

      >Ow ow ow! That should have had a “not safe” warning
      >or something.

      I'd have thought that "worse than Jackson" should be warning enough for anyone.
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
        Excessively Thomas Kincaidian, as Janet said--

        I don't mind "themed" developments and there could be good stuff like
        this, but everybody was looking to make moolah on fans of the films,
        which would make for a rather odd community, you know? Can you
        imagine living in a community made mostly of Jackson film fans? It
        would be *odd*...

        I love this
        <http://www.bendshire.com/index.php?p=12>
        "I've come to take you home" indeed!

        -- Lynn --

        to look like, its website is <http://www.bendshire.com/>

        > The words "twee" and "cutesy" do not half apply to Jackson's films
        as much as they do to this. Its failure has saved us from a thorough
        round of cultural vandalism.