Re: [mythsoc] Hobbit-themed subdivision in foreclosure

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      If you want to know what the place actually looks like, or was going to look like, its website is <http://www.bendshire.com/>

      The words "twee" and "cutesy" do not half apply to Jackson's films as much as they do to this. Its failure has saved us from a thorough round of cultural vandalism.
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        Ow ow ow! That should have had a “not safe” warning or something. It’s the worst excesses of Jackson (and I say this as someone who rather liked the Bag End interior) married to the arch-tweeness of Thomas Kincaid. Now where’s that brain brillo I keep around just for things like this….

        Janet

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@...> wrote:

          >Ow ow ow! That should have had a “not safe” warning
          >or something.

          I'd have thought that "worse than Jackson" should be warning enough for anyone.
        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
            Excessively Thomas Kincaidian, as Janet said--

            I don't mind "themed" developments and there could be good stuff like
            this, but everybody was looking to make moolah on fans of the films,
            which would make for a rather odd community, you know? Can you
            imagine living in a community made mostly of Jackson film fans? It
            would be *odd*...

            I love this
            <http://www.bendshire.com/index.php?p=12>
            "I've come to take you home" indeed!