Re: [mythsoc] Borges and Tolkien

  • Vincent Ferré
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2008
      Good evening to all,

      Do you have, in English, a translation of Borges's essay on ancient germanic literature ? it was translated in French in 1966.

      Vincent

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2008
        I presume you mean the essay variously titled "The Kenningar" and "Ancient
        Germanic Literature". I have a copy of Borges's Selected Non-fictions, the
        most common collection of his essay translated into English. It doesn't
        contain that essay.

        Wendell Wagner

        In a message dated 7/24/2008 10:03:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        ferretolk@... writes:

        Good evening to all,

        Do you have, in English, a translation of Borges's essay on ancient germanic
        literature ? it was translated in French in 1966.

        Vincent

        FanHouse Fantasy Football today.