Hooper

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 12:56 PM
      Richard James' discussion here a month or so back of the Walter
      Hooper material at Chapel Hill led me to do some digging, and I found
      there's a detailed listing of part of the collection in their online
      catalogue:

      http://www.lib.unc.edu/mss/inv/h/Hooper,Walter.html

      Even though this only covers part of the collection (two boxes out of
      ten), it looks to be of great interest; I suspect much of the
      correspondence wd consist of Hooper asking people who'd known Lewis
      for their memories of him, and that these letters represent the
      results. His letters from Warnie and other Inklings (Havard, Wain,
      Cecil, Coghill, Dyson, Dundas-Grant, Fox, McCallum, Mathew, Hardie)
      wd certainly be worth exploring to see what they had to say about the
      group. Pity I won't be in the area for the foreseeable future.

      --JDR