The Tale of Despereaux

  • Marc Drayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
      I was recently at the movies, watching a charming movie called Wall-E,
      when they had a preview of another movie, which looked quite
      interesting.

      It will be based on a book by Kate Dicamillo, called "The Tale of
      Despereaux," about a mouse who wanted to be brave. (shades of
      Reepicheep.) The movie will be released around Christmas, but the book
      has been around for a while. Has any here read it, and can comment on
      it? It sounds quite fascinating.

      Under the Mercy,
      Marc Drayer
    • Sara Ciborski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2008
        Marc, a quick early morning reply:
        "The Tale of Despereaux" is a wonderful, unforgettable book. I read it
        to my 8-year-old grandson last year--I have read many books suitable for
        that age level and this ranks with the best, absolutely. It has that
        heart piercing quality that can bring one to tears. The movie, no doubt,
        will not measure up.
        Sara Ciborski