Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon 39 Progress Report

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
      In a message dated 7/3/2008 7:47:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

      [. . .] a friend in Thailand (!) wrote a few days ago that he had just
      received
      "the Mythopoeic annual report and AGM info" [. . .]

      What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
      An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
      meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
      American one:

      _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_general_meeting_
      (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_general_meeting)

    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
        >What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
        >An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
        >meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
        >American one

        Hi, Wendell. Our friend is British, living in Thailand, so uses "AGM". He
        does mean Mythcon, because he knew the title of the paper Christina plans
        to give, but we don't know exactly what it is he received.

        Wayne

      • Alana
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
          I'm a Connecticut Local and am looking forward to going to my first
          Mythcon. Since it's so close, I'm planning to commute up. Will there be
          a schedule of events? The plan is that I'll try to be around as much of
          that weekend as I can, but I may have to arrange my schedule around
          local things--which means the more information I can get about when
          things are happening in New Britain, the happier I'll be.

          Alana Abbott
        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
            Yes, Mythcon - but Mythcon includes our AGM - our annual members
            meeting, Monday morning before closing ceremonies.

            My Annual Report hasn't arrived yet *but* I'm glad to know it has for
            others (in Thailand?! yikes, where is mine?! hmmm....).

            -- Lynn --