Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon 39 Progress Report

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
      Lynn wrote:

      >The (singular) Progress Report for this year's Mythcon in New Britain,
      >CT, is about to be printed and mailed to members. It will also be put
      >up on the Mythsoc website (no doubt as part of the Mythcon 39 cluster
      >of pages).

      Thanks, that's good news. Christina and I had been wondering if a progress
      report had already come out but had somehow passed us by, especially after
      a friend in Thailand (!) wrote a few days ago that he had just received
      "the Mythopoeic annual report and AGM info".

      Wayne

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
        In a message dated 7/3/2008 7:47:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

        [. . .] a friend in Thailand (!) wrote a few days ago that he had just
        received
        "the Mythopoeic annual report and AGM info" [. . .]

        What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
        An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
        meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
        American one:

        _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_general_meeting_

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
          >What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
          >An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
          >meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
          >American one

          Hi, Wendell. Our friend is British, living in Thailand, so uses "AGM". He
          does mean Mythcon, because he knew the title of the paper Christina plans
          to give, but we don't know exactly what it is he received.

          Wayne

        • Alana
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
            I'm a Connecticut Local and am looking forward to going to my first
            Mythcon. Since it's so close, I'm planning to commute up. Will there be
            a schedule of events? The plan is that I'll try to be around as much of
            that weekend as I can, but I may have to arrange my schedule around
            local things--which means the more information I can get about when
            things are happening in New Britain, the happier I'll be.

            Alana Abbott
          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
              Yes, Mythcon - but Mythcon includes our AGM - our annual members
              meeting, Monday morning before closing ceremonies.

              My Annual Report hasn't arrived yet *but* I'm glad to know it has for
              others (in Thailand?! yikes, where is mine?! hmmm....).

              -- Lynn --