Mythcon 39 Progress Report

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
      The (singular) Progress Report for this year's Mythcon in New Britain,
      CT, is about to be printed and mailed to members. It will also be put
      up on the Mythsoc website (no doubt as part of the Mythcon 39 cluster
      of pages).

      BIG GRIN-- do come, it's the most affordable Mythcon we've had in years.

      -- Lynn --
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
        Lynn wrote:

        >The (singular) Progress Report for this year's Mythcon in New Britain,
        >CT, is about to be printed and mailed to members. It will also be put
        >up on the Mythsoc website (no doubt as part of the Mythcon 39 cluster
        >of pages).

        Thanks, that's good news. Christina and I had been wondering if a progress
        report had already come out but had somehow passed us by, especially after
        a friend in Thailand (!) wrote a few days ago that he had just received
        "the Mythopoeic annual report and AGM info".

        Wayne

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
          In a message dated 7/3/2008 7:47:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

          [. . .] a friend in Thailand (!) wrote a few days ago that he had just
          received
          "the Mythopoeic annual report and AGM info" [. . .]

          What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
          An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
          meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
          American one:

          _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_general_meeting_

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
            >What did he mean by the AGM info? Was he referring to Mythcon as the AGM?
            >An AGM (for those of you who don't recognize the term) is the annual general
            >meeting for an association. It's more typically a British term than an
            >American one

            Hi, Wendell. Our friend is British, living in Thailand, so uses "AGM". He
            does mean Mythcon, because he knew the title of the paper Christina plans
            to give, but we don't know exactly what it is he received.

            Wayne

          • Alana
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
              I'm a Connecticut Local and am looking forward to going to my first
              Mythcon. Since it's so close, I'm planning to commute up. Will there be
              a schedule of events? The plan is that I'll try to be around as much of
              that weekend as I can, but I may have to arrange my schedule around
              local things--which means the more information I can get about when
              things are happening in New Britain, the happier I'll be.

              Alana Abbott
            • Lynn Maudlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
                Yes, Mythcon - but Mythcon includes our AGM - our annual members
                meeting, Monday morning before closing ceremonies.

                My Annual Report hasn't arrived yet *but* I'm glad to know it has for
                others (in Thailand?! yikes, where is mine?! hmmm....).

                -- Lynn --