Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Voice of Walter Hooper

    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 22, 2008
      In a message dated 6/22/2008 2:40:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      sacnoth@... writes:

      "I teach at Marquette"
      "What's your position?"
      "I'm a T.A. in the English Dept."

      I never talked that way when I was a grad student. When asked when I did, I
      said that I was a grad student. If asked what I lived on, I would add that
      I worked as a teaching assistant. In my experience (and that was at two
      large universities - Ohio State and University of Texas), that was what most grad
      students said. Your experience may be different from mine, but the grad
      students I knew didn't talk of being a teaching assistant as their main job,
      just as part of being a grad student.