The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2008
      Has anyone read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz? It's
      supposedly a mainstream novel with many Tolkien references. Can anyone comment
      on it?

    • Alana
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2008
        > Has anyone read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz?
        It's
        > supposedly a mainstream novel with many Tolkien references. Can
        anyone comment
        > on it?

        I recently heard some excerpts and thought they were funny, though I
        don't know if I'll actually enjoy the full plot of the book. Still, the
        Tolkien references particularly seemed engaging, and I'll probably pick
        it up.

        -Alana #2