Re: [mythsoc] Muggles for Harry Potter (to support HP against the censors)

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2000
      All may not be peaches and cream out there - check out this site for "Tom
      Riddle's School of Dark Arts" -

      <A HREF="http://maxpages.com/darkartsschool/School_History">The History of
      the School - This is were you can catch up on the elaborate history of the
      school - Miscellaneous - http://ma</A>

      Maybe it's all just about gaming. Still, I find it depressing - and I wonder
      whether Harry's publishers may not find it in violation of copyright.

      Mary S
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2000
          In a message dated 7/25/00 7:30:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
          dianejoy@... writes:

          > Not that I
          > particularly like the idea of "dark arts," mind.

          That's what bothers me - that THIS is the aspect which appealed to this group.

          Mary S
        • LSolarion@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28, 2000
            In a message dated 07/25/2000 2:49:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            Stolzi@... writes:

            << Not that I
            > particularly like the idea of "dark arts," mind.

            That's what bothers me - that THIS is the aspect which appealed to this
            group.

            Mary S >>

            It bothers me too, but it doesn't surprise me. There will always be the
            insecure and resentful, who think that beating others down builds themselves
            up. That's why Voldemort and his little gestapo scare us; they're too close
            to real life. Who was so fortunate as to get through school without
            encountering at least one Draco Malfoy?