RE: [mythsoc] Digest Number 2886

  • Joe Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2008
      One correction to what Wendell wrote about Hooper:

      "Hooper was never anything more than a fan who imposed himself on Lewis,
      while Lewis was trying to be polite by not throwing him out of his house."

      Actually, Hooper had the contract with the Twayne book on Lewis at the time,
      so he was presenting himself as a Lewis scholar, not just a fan. Hooper
      later lost the contract because he didn't get it written; an acquaintance of
      mine told me when Twayne announced the cancellation--that's why I applied
      for the contract myself (and got it).

      And one comment about the later ownership of the Lewis Estate. Jim Como
      pointed out to me this past spring that the copyrights no longer say "C. S.
      Lewis Pte." He said that evidently the estate has been recently sold (in
      the last few years) to new owners; he had been told that one of the owners
      is from the Arabian Gulf Coast--but more than that I do not know.

      --Joe