Re: Enchanted

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 5, 2008
      It's one of those instances where I'm able to enjoy each for what they
      are; I love the book (love it!) but I also love the movie (spectacular
      casting! lulminous Robin Wright and Cary Elwes at his young sensitive
      virile best, not to mention Mandy Patinkin and Wallace Shawn!) - in
      fact, my only real complaint is the mediocre score (!! - I know, I
      love Mark Knopfler - but being a great guitarist and pop musician does
      *not* make one a great film composer; horrible music under the great
      sword fight between Westley and Inigo at the top of the Cliffs of
      Insanity - bleah).

      -- Lynn --

      > > (And if we're voting...The perfect fairy tale movie is the The
      Princess Bride! Choosing anything else would be inconceivable!)

      > I liked the movie of "The Princess Bride" okay, but I *loved* the
      book and so found the movie a bit disappointing by comparison. Maybe
      if I'd never read the book I would've loved the movie.