Re: Another inappropriate Tolkien reference in the political media

  • Merlin DeTardo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
      --- Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:
      << The author, one James Lewis, writes: "... young King Aragorn ..." >>

      Aragorn was young as Numenoreans go, but was 88 years old at his
      coronation.

      -Merlin DeTardo
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
        Merlin DeTardo wrote:

        > --- Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:
        > << The author, one James Lewis, writes: "... young King Aragorn ..." >>
        >
        > Aragorn was young as Numenoreans go, but was 88 years old at his
        > coronation.

        And he never really comes across as a young man, either -- or
        only in comparison to immortal or ageless characters like Gandalf
        and Elrond. And, well, Arwen.... :)

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
          "I am no longer young even in the reckoning of Men of the Ancient Houses" - Aragorn, Book 3, Chapter 5