Re: Mention from Lois Bujold

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
      Oh, that's very nice, Janet! I subscribed so I could read the whole
      thing... {grin}

      -- Lynn --

      > An extensive interview with Mythcon 37 GOH Lois McMaster Bujold at
      IROSF (http://www.irosf.com/q/zine/article/10419; you'll need to sign
      up to read the whole thing) includes this exchange:

      > ML: You've been nominated and won many awards over the years. Have
      you ever been taken aback by a nomination, one that came out of left
      field and surprised you?
      > LMB: The Mythopoeic was one, since I'd never heard of the award
      before I was informed that The Curse of Chalion had won it. I've
      learned more since; some nice folks over there at the Mythopoeic Society.

      > Janet Brennan Croft
      > Associate Professor
      > Head of Access Services
      > University of Oklahoma Libraries
      > Bizzell 104NW
      > Norman OK 73019
      > 405-325-1918
      > Fax 405-325-7618
      > jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
      > http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/
      > http://libraries.ou.edu/
      > Editor of Mythlore http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html
      > Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
      > http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
      > "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the rising
      ape meets the falling angel." -Terry Pratchett