Mention from Lois Bujold

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      An extensive interview with Mythcon 37 GOH Lois McMaster Bujold at IROSF (http://www.irosf.com/q/zine/article/10419; you'll need to sign up to read the whole thing) includes this exchange:

      ML: You've been nominated and won many awards over the years. Have you ever been taken aback by a nomination, one that came out of left field and surprised you?
      LMB: The Mythopoeic was one, since I'd never heard of the award before I was informed that The Curse of Chalion had won it. I've learned more since; some nice folks over there at the Mythopoeic Society.

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
      http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html

    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
        Oh, that's very nice, Janet! I subscribed so I could read the whole
        thing... {grin}

        -- Lynn --

        > An extensive interview with Mythcon 37 GOH Lois McMaster Bujold at
        IROSF (http://www.irosf.com/q/zine/article/10419; you'll need to sign
        up to read the whole thing) includes this exchange:

        > ML: You've been nominated and won many awards over the years. Have
        you ever been taken aback by a nomination, one that came out of left
        field and surprised you?
        > LMB: The Mythopoeic was one, since I'd never heard of the award
        before I was informed that The Curse of Chalion had won it. I've
        learned more since; some nice folks over there at the Mythopoeic Society.

        > Janet Brennan Croft
        > Associate Professor
        > Head of Access Services
        > University of Oklahoma Libraries
        > Bizzell 104NW
        > Norman OK 73019
        > 405-325-1918
        > Fax 405-325-7618
        > jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
        > http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/
        > http://libraries.ou.edu/
        > Editor of Mythlore http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html
        > Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
        > http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
        > "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the rising
        ape meets the falling angel." -Terry Pratchett