Re: Prince Caspian Movie

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2008
      I would argue they strip out Lewis' Christian theme and insert, in its
      place, this weird vague "we have to wait for Aslan" concept without
      ever following Him in the first place and ultimately sending Lucy to
      'fetch' Him...! *sheesh*

      I also really object to the idea that children have to have a certain
      level of adrenaline-inducing pacing - this is ultimately not healthy.

      And it bodes REALLY BADLY for Voyage of the Dawn Treader-- yikes!

      -- Lynn --

      > >... one reviewer who feels the film improves on its source, "by far
      > >the weakest of the Narnia series", because the "structure of the book
      > >is confused", and that the "film keeps the Christian themes, but has a
      > >pacing that children can tolerate".
      >
      > While I agree that PC is the weakest of the books, and that the
      structural changes were a considerable improvement, and that the
      pacing may be more child-friendly, I can only partially support the
      statement that "the film keeps the Christian themes," since large
      chunks of the most Christian-themed scenes were removed. In fact, the
      wholly-invented storming-the-castle sequence contains a scene that
      seems actually antithetical to the mood and morality of Lewis's original.