Re: [mythsoc] HP IV

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2000
      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > I like the way the Giants are brought in. A nice new addition to the HP
      > universe, and one that bids fair to raise its own complications (Besides,
      > I've always loved Hagrid - perhaps one of the most original characters in the
      > series.)

      Oh yes, Hagrid is wonderful! And I so liked the picture of him
      with his father (you can take that to mean either the
      word-picture or the illustration based on it).

      > Rita Skeeter is kind of a bore, and as one reviewer said, perhaps too much of
      > a Rowling reaction to the media attention she has attracted.

      Spoiler space starts here . . .

      .
      .
      .

      We were out on a picnic last Saturday when I noticed a beetle in
      a friend's hair. After calling attention to it so that it could
      be removed (it was a Japanese beetle, really very decorative), I
      said, "Let's hope it isn't a reporter."

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>