Re: Mythcon 2008 details?

  • Marcie
    Message 1 of 9 , May 18, 2008
      Many thanks for the info, (especially since I'd already booked my
      flights--in on Thursday and out on Monday!) Cheers! Marcie

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey David (and other curious parties) - I am seriously nudging the
      > concom to get the room & board prices up there - suffice it to say
      > they are LESS than last year at Berkeley (which is a Very Nice
      > Thing!).
      >
      > If you go to the CCSU website, there's all sorts of information
      > there - http://www.ccsu.edu/HowDoI/visitors.htm has some useful
      links.

      > Bradley's website has http://www.bradleyairport.com/Transport/
      where
      > you can check taxi prices, etc. Obviously if you can share a taxi
      or
      > limo, it will cost you less. Personally I wouldn't wrestle with the
      > bus system (buses & luggage = no fun). I believe it's about 25
      miles
      > to campus.
      >
      > People can come in EARLY (Thursday night) but there will be NO
      Monday
      > nights on campus. I'm not sure why but that's what CCSU says. Folks
      > from the west coast will want to fly on Thursday or very early
      Friday

      Message 2 of 9 , May 18, 2008
        Lynn wrote:

        >Hey David (and other curious parties) - I am seriously nudging the
        >concom to get the room & board prices up there - suffice it to say
        >they are LESS than last year at Berkeley (which is a Very Nice
        >Thing!).

        Thanks, Lynn. It would be useful to know fuller details. We've been trying
        to find them out also.

        Wayne and Christina

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 9 , May 20, 2008
          I so look forward to seeing you guys! Ah, the old days working on the
          Tolkien Centenary and I could fly to England on the drop of a hat--!
          (a rather large hat, mind you, but with some frequency).

          I *believe* more info will be on the website very soon but feel free
          to email me (my email ends AT yahoo.com; I believe the beginning is
          visible).

          blessings,
          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne G. Hammond"