Re: [mythsoc] HP IV

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2000
      Ah, but Rita is a great parody of the nosy journalist. I, too, just love Hagrid:
      he alone is worth the price of the books.

      Ted

      Stolzi@... wrote:

      > I like the way the Giants are brought in. A nice new addition to the HP
      > universe, and one that bids fair to raise its own complications (Besides,
      > I've always loved Hagrid - perhaps one of the most original characters in the
      > series.)
      >
      > Rita Skeeter is kind of a bore, and as one reviewer said, perhaps too much of
      > a Rowling reaction to the media attention she has attracted.
      >
      > Mary S

      > Wish you had something rad to add to your email?
      > We do at www.supersig.com.

      Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Box X041, Department of English
      Middle Tennessee State University
      Murfreesboro, TN 37132
      615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
      tsherman@...
      tedsherman@...
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2000
        Stolzi@... wrote:

        > I like the way the Giants are brought in. A nice new addition to the HP
        > universe, and one that bids fair to raise its own complications (Besides,
        > I've always loved Hagrid - perhaps one of the most original characters in the
        > series.)

        Oh yes, Hagrid is wonderful! And I so liked the picture of him
        with his father (you can take that to mean either the
        word-picture or the illustration based on it).

        > Rita Skeeter is kind of a bore, and as one reviewer said, perhaps too much of
        > a Rowling reaction to the media attention she has attracted.

        Spoiler space starts here . . .

        .
        .
        .

        We were out on a picnic last Saturday when I noticed a beetle in
        a friend's hair. After calling attention to it so that it could
        be removed (it was a Japanese beetle, really very decorative), I
        said, "Let's hope it isn't a reporter."

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>