Re: oxford visit

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 10 , May 17, 2008
      That's okay, though - if you had a car you'd have nowhere to park it
      anyway... it's become VERY car-unfriendly... But going to Wolvercote,
      she'll want a car. Have a great time, Sara!

      -- Lynn --

      > Do you realize that cars are banned from central Oxford?
      >

      > In a message dated 5/16/2008 12:20:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > saraciborski@... writes:
      >

      > A practical question: I am going to England in a few days--a long-
      > planned vacation-type trip--and I will have one day to spend in
      Oxford.
      > And of course--for this, in particular, is long-desired-And of
      course--for
      > to visit Tolkien's grave. I see on my road atlas (I will be
      driving)
      > that Wolvercote, the town, is somewhat to the northwest of Oxford.
      > So...can I assume that Wolvercote cemetery is in the town of
      > Wolvercote? And is it hard to find? Many on this list must have
      been
      > there and I am grateful for any driving instructions you might be
      able
      > to provide.
      > Thanks,
      > Sara Ciborski
      >

      > **************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists
      on family
      > favorites at AOL Food.

    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 10 , May 17, 2008
        And there are a variety of buses that roll down the Banbury Road into
        Oxford proper...

        > Sara is right, though; the Park and Ride lots are the best thing to
        use. And in fact there's one near the junction of the A34 and A40
        which is within walking distance of Wolvercote Cemetery. But you can
        still orient yourself by taking the viewpoint of central Oxford and
        saying "it's out the Banbury Road."