Re: [mythsoc] The Mistyfication of Peter Jackson

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2008
      But is it still round??

      :-)

      Grace Monk

      In a message dated 5/14/2008 6:57:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      One of my fondest Mythcon memories of recent years was the evening at
      Nashville when we played "Mystery Science Theater" commentary on Jackson's
      Fellowship.

      Well, it looks like the original people involved are still at it, and have
      actually done it themselves. There's three clips on YouTube.

      The Prologue - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5blCUGEaY4>

      The wizard-fu scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQwp2eHKvA>

      The cave troll scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTIY0XV67A>

      I still think we were funnier, but it's a start. Yes, my precious.

      favorites at AOL Food.

    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2008

        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2008
          When I saw this subject line, my first thought was, "Oh my, is
          Peter Jackson's next project going to be one of the Misty Lackey
          series?"

          I will discreetly suppress subsequent thoughts along those
          lines... especially since it turned out not to be true.

          0:)

          --Margaret Dean
          <margdean@...>
        • Diane Joy Baker
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2008
            "It's still round!" I laughed out loud at that! Funniest line of all!

            Message 5 of 6 , May 14, 2008
              After that line, I am hefting a flagon.