The Mistyfication of Peter Jackson

    Message 1 of 6 , May 14 4:56 PM
      One of my fondest Mythcon memories of recent years was the evening at Nashville when we played "Mystery Science Theater" commentary on Jackson's Fellowship.

      Well, it looks like the original people involved are still at it, and have actually done it themselves. There's three clips on YouTube.

      The Prologue - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5blCUGEaY4>

      The wizard-fu scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQwp2eHKvA>

      The cave troll scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTIY0XV67A>

      I still think we were funnier, but it's a start. Yes, my precious.
    • Walkermonk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 5:02 PM
        But is it still round??

        :-)

        Grace Monk

        In a message dated 5/14/2008 6:57:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        dbratman@... writes:

        One of my fondest Mythcon memories of recent years was the evening at
        Nashville when we played "Mystery Science Theater" commentary on Jackson's
        Fellowship.

        Well, it looks like the original people involved are still at it, and have
        actually done it themselves. There's three clips on YouTube.

        The Prologue - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5blCUGEaY4>

        The wizard-fu scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQwp2eHKvA>

        The cave troll scene - <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTIY0XV67A>

        I still think we were funnier, but it's a start. Yes, my precious.

        favorites at AOL Food.

      • David Emerson
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14 5:17 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , May 14 5:29 PM
            When I saw this subject line, my first thought was, "Oh my, is
            Peter Jackson's next project going to be one of the Misty Lackey
            series?"

            I will discreetly suppress subsequent thoughts along those
            lines... especially since it turned out not to be true.

            0:)

            --Margaret Dean
            <margdean@...>
          • Diane Joy Baker
            Message 5 of 6 , May 14 6:38 PM
              "It's still round!" I laughed out loud at that! Funniest line of all!

              Message 6 of 6 , May 14 6:40 PM
                After that line, I am hefting a flagon.