BW subjects for 2000

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18 8:01 PM
      Ellie:

      Can we place the topics for 2000-2001 in the proper places to let
      prospectives know what we'll be discussing? I should have done this long
      since: Online Activity apparently has nothing for BW (according to Matt).

      September 2000: *Three Hearts and Three Lions* by Poul Anderson
      November 2000: *The Fox Woman* by Kij Johnson
      January 2001: *His Dark Materials* by Phillip Pullman
      March 2001: *All of An Instant* by Richard Garfinkle
      May 2001: 2001 Mythopoeic Fantasy Awards
      July 2001: Stately Homes: Bigger on the Inside

      Appreciations all 'round. ---djb
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19 9:19 AM
        >Thanks -- I'm about a month old on the list and was beginning to wonder if
        >anything specific was going to be discussed. Have to confess I have no
        >idea
        >what "BW" means -- "By the way" doesn't seem to fit the context. -- Trudy

        "BW" means "Butterbur's Woodshed," which is an in-print discussion group.
        There are members of that group on the list, and I'm sure one of them will
        send a message explaining more about it. (Also, previous explanations are
        in the list archives.)

        As list administrator, I would encourage listmembers to explain
        abbreviations, and minimize the use of abbreviations.

        Any mythopoeic-related book may be discussed on the list at any time. If
        there's one that interests you, please feel free to post your comments and
        start a discussion.

        Joan
        List Administrator

        Joan Marie Verba verba001@...