Baggins-ish Musings....

  • jef.murray
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
      I can feel my Baggins side squirming.... Lorraine and I each have
      only the slightest traces of Took blood flowing through our veins, so
      when an adventure looms, we become increasingly anxious.

      This week we travel over "The Water" to Moreton-in-Marsh, England,
      for the "Castles in the Mist" exhibition that starts on Friday, April
      4rth. This is Lorraine's first time overseas and my first time outside
      North America since I was 5 years old(!). And although on the surface
      we appear tranquil, in fact we're pretty much terrified! I personally
      feel like Sam Gamgee at Buckleberry Ferry...entirely as distrustful of
      boats of the air as he was about boats on the water....

      We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting many new
      ones in Gloucestershire. We're hoping for a warm fire and a tall pint
      at the end of our travels, which begin Wednesday night. But packing up
      our bundles and locking the doors to our smial, the MooseNest, will be
      hard, and we ask for your prayers and continued support and encouragement!

      To many meetings! Safe travels to all, and we hope to greet you all
      in "The Shire" soon!!!

      Nai i Cala oio-sila (may the Light ever-shine)

      Jef
    • John Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
        Hi,

        That puts my hour's drive to get there entirely to shame!

        John

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 3:49 PM
          May the light of Eärendil guide you and sustain you-- you'll have a
          grand time (says Lynn, who climbs on a plane at the drop of a hat!)
          blessings!
          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "jef.murray" <jef.murray@...> wrote:

          > I can feel my Baggins side squirming.... Lorraine and I each have
          > only the slightest traces of Took blood flowing through our veins, so
          > when an adventure looms, we become increasingly anxious.
          >
          > This week we travel over "The Water" to Moreton-in-Marsh, England,
          > for the "Castles in the Mist" exhibition that starts on Friday, April
          > 4rth. This is Lorraine's first time overseas and my first time outside
          > North America since I was 5 years old(!). And although on the surface
          > we appear tranquil, in fact we're pretty much terrified! I personally
          > feel like Sam Gamgee at Buckleberry Ferry...entirely as distrustful of
          > boats of the air as he was about boats on the water....
          >
          > We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting many new
          > ones in Gloucestershire. We're hoping for a warm fire and a tall pint
          > at the end of our travels, which begin Wednesday night. But packing up
          > our bundles and locking the doors to our smial, the MooseNest, will be
          > hard, and we ask for your prayers and continued support and
          encouragement!

          > To many meetings! Safe travels to all, and we hope to greet you all
          > in "The Shire" soon!!!
          >
          > Nai i Cala oio-sila (may the Light ever-shine)
          >
          > Jef

        • Jef Murray
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 6:23 AM
            Lynn and all,

            Many thanks for all the well-wishes and support!
            Will give a detailed report once we return....

            Nai i Cala oio-sila (may the Light ever-shine

            Jef

            Mystical Realms - Exploring the boundaries between worlds.....
            http://www.JefMurray.com