Divining Divinity

  • jef.murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 7:03 AM
      Greetings!

      Happy Feast Day of the Annunciation! This is the date on which the
      Blessed Virgin Mary said "yes" to the message of the archangel
      Gabriel, setting in motion all of the wild and wondrous events of the
      birth, life, death, and resurrection of Christ.

      This is also chronicled by J.R.R. Tolkien as the date of the
      destruction of the One Ring and Sauron the Necromancer in the "Lord of
      the Rings". As a result, many of us observe this day, worldwide, as
      "Tolkien Reading Day".

      I'd also like to take this joyous and fleeting juncture to announce
      the publication of a lovely new book of poems.

      Joseph Pearce, world-renowned biographer of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S.
      Lewis, and G.K. Chesterton, in addition to being editor of the St.
      Austin Review, has just released his first book of verse entitled
      "Divining Divinity". I was privileged to have worked with Joseph to
      develop illustrations for each of his poems, and Leslie Kaufmann did a
      magnificent job of pulling our efforts together into a sparkling jewel
      of a book. The latest issue of the St. Austin Review
      (www.staustinreview.com) details how to order a copy directly from
      Kaufmann Publishing; the book should also be available at Amazon.com
      and other sites within the month.

      Happy Feast Day, everyone! And Nai Eru lye mánata (may God bless
      you)

      Jef