Re: The Company They Keep

  • Grace Donaldson
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 17, 2008

      > I too wd suggest WAR IN HEAVEN, with THE GREATER TRUMPS as the
      > alternate if the person I was suggesting it to had a strong
      interest
      > in the tarot. CSL of course started with PLACE OF THE LION, and it
      > seems to have been his favorite to recommend to new readers, but
      I'm
      > glad I didn't start with that one. Avoid SHADOWS OF ECSTASY until
      > after you've read most if not all of the others.
      >
      > --JDR

      Ah, I started with _Place of the Lion_, after reading Sayer's bio
      _Jack_...and while I've been meaning to read _All Hallow's Eve_ and
      _War in Heaven_ since then, sigh...the first one was too much for me...

      Grace
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 18, 2008
        I started with *Place of the Lion* and continued with *Greater Trumps.* *All Hallow's Eve* was the first one I tried, but I couldn't get into it.