Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Company They Keep

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 17, 2008
      From: Marc Drayer <mdrayer2001@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:03 am
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: The Company They Keep

      Myself, I'd start with Descent into Hell and work outward from there.
      That's my favorite, and gives a perfect example of coinherence and
      substituted love.

      Marc

      <<
      It's a great book, but it's also his most densely written, and might be a little off-putting to someone who is completely new to his style.
      Alexei

      RECENT ACTIVITY

      1

      New Members

      Visit Your Group

      Y! Entertainment

      World of Star Wars

      Rediscover the force.

      Explore now.

      Yahoo! News

      Fashion News

      What's the word on

      fashion and style?

      Sell Online

      Start selling with

      our award-winning

      e-commerce tools.

      .

    • Grace Donaldson
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 17, 2008

        > I too wd suggest WAR IN HEAVEN, with THE GREATER TRUMPS as the
        > alternate if the person I was suggesting it to had a strong
        interest
        > in the tarot. CSL of course started with PLACE OF THE LION, and it
        > seems to have been his favorite to recommend to new readers, but
        I'm
        > glad I didn't start with that one. Avoid SHADOWS OF ECSTASY until
        > after you've read most if not all of the others.
        >
        > --JDR

        Ah, I started with _Place of the Lion_, after reading Sayer's bio
        _Jack_...and while I've been meaning to read _All Hallow's Eve_ and
        _War in Heaven_ since then, sigh...the first one was too much for me...

        Grace
      • Diane Joy Baker
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 18, 2008
          I started with *Place of the Lion* and continued with *Greater Trumps.* *All Hallow's Eve* was the first one I tried, but I couldn't get into it.