Reading Williams (was Re: The Company They Keep)

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      > --- Sarah Beach wrote: ---
      > I actually started with ALL HALLOWS EVE. I'm not sure why,
      > as I don't think that at the time I knew much of anything about any
      > of the plots of Williams' books.

      I started with "Many Dimensions" myself, for no better reason than that I once happened upon a nice old copy. Like you, I didn't know a great deal about him or his novels at that time. Only what I had picked up in reading about Tolkien and Lewis, hearing the occasional paper on Williams at conferences, and so forth. (I know a little more now but still not a lot.) I definitely find Williams a tough nut to crack, but he certainly gives you a lot to think about!

      Jason