Re: [mythsoc] Documentary about fantasy on BBC

  • John Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2008
      Hi,

      I saw the first two, but didn't bother with the third. The half-episode on
      Tolkien was a strange mixture...On the one hand you had a badly informed
      narrator, and people spouting the usual incorrect criciticisms (no moral
      ambiguity or shades of grey in Tolkien's work, all ends happily for all the
      good guys, simplistic world view, etc.), whilst on the other you had talking
      heads of such calibre as Shippey, who really should have been given far more
      air time.

      So if you didn't see it you probably didn't miss much, other than the chance
      to shout 'no you're wrong' at the TV on occasion!

      John