Re: [mythsoc] Re: Graduate programs - C.S. Lewis, theology, & the art

  • Linda DeMars
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
      Yes, it was. Do you know her or have you taken the course?

      Linda

      On 3/15/08, Merlin DeTardo <emptyD@...> wrote:

      > ---"Linda DeMars" <linda@...> wrote:
      > << last spring I took an online course about Tolkien from the Cardiff
      > Center for Life Long Learning which was very worth while >>
      >
      > Was that Dimitra Fimi's course?

    • Merlin DeTardo
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Linda DeMars" <linda@...> wrote:
        > Yes, it was. Do you know her or have you taken the course?

        I haven't taken Dimitra Fimi's course, but I have seen her present a
        trio of papers at conferences (Kalamazoo 2005 and 2007 and Birmingham
        2005), the first of which, "'Needless to say they are not Celtic':
        J.R.R. Tolkien's Love-Hate Relationship with 'Things Celtic' and how
        they Sneaked into his Middle-earth Literature", became an article in
        last year's _Tolkien Studies_, with the shorter
        title, "Tolkien's '"Celtic" type of legends': Merging Traditions".

        -Merlin DeTardo