Re: [RE: [mythsoc] literature abuse]

  • Jane Bigelow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2000
      "Matt Fisher" <mfisher@...> wrote:

      Is that bookcase for fiction or cookbooks?

      :-)
      Matt,

      It's for cookbooks. I don't want to expose fiction to the various fumes and
      dirt of a kitchen, but the cookbooks will just have to accept their lot in
      life. At least they won't be stuck into three separate odd corners of the
      kitchen, piled on top of each other. Besides cookbooks, there's the notebook
      of recipes clipped and saved against some Great Day when one of us actually
      gets time and organization enough to do them. This does sometimes happen.

      I love food, as those who've met me in person rather than cyberspace have
      probably guessed. I enjoy talking about it, reading about it, and even
      cooking it (a surprising change from my younger days, but Robert is a most
      appreciative taster and obliging helper, as well as a good cook himself).

      (snip)

      (We won't EVEN begin discussing how many other books are in the
      apartment...)

      We have a whole house. We are both packrats and literature abusers. We have
      been in this house for over 20 years. Mm-hm, better not to ask.

      Jane

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
    • Mary Kay Kare
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2000
        Jane Bigelow wrote:

        > "Matt Fisher" <mfisher@...> wrote:
        >
        > Is that bookcase for fiction or cookbooks?
        >
        > :-)
        > Matt,
        >
        > It's for cookbooks. I don't want to expose fiction to the various fumes and
        > dirt of a kitchen, but the cookbooks will just have to accept their lot in
        > life.

        It occurs to me that there isn't necessarily a firm line between
        cookbooks and fiction...

        MKK-and some of us read them like novels
      • Christine Howlett
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2000
          My experience is that sometimes cookbooks are pretty durn fictional. Just
          look at those lovely pictures and imagine yours will end up like this!
          (Yes, I do cook, but seldom from books)
          Christine

          >> Is that bookcase for fiction or cookbooks?
          >>
          >> :-)
          >> Matt,
          >>
          >> It's for cookbooks. I don't want to expose fiction to the various fumes
          and
          >> dirt of a kitchen, but the cookbooks will just have to accept their lot
          in
          >> life.
          >
          >It occurs to me that there isn't necessarily a firm line between
          >cookbooks and fiction...
          >
          >MKK-and some of us read them like novels

          >Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:

        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2000
            >From: Mary Kay Kare <kare@...>

            >>It occurs to me that there isn't necessarily a firm line between
            >>cookbooks and fiction...
            >>
            >>MKK-and some of us read them like novels

            >From: "Christine Howlett" <chowlett@...>

            >My experience is that sometimes cookbooks are pretty durn fictional. Just
            >look at those lovely pictures and imagine yours will end up like this!

            > Christine

            Oh, but Mary Kay's do end up looking like the pictures! Yum!

            Berni