more on the lawsuit

  • Sara Ciborski
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 16, 2008
      NY Times this morning, arts section:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/movies/16ring.html

      Sorry, that looks as though it's not clickable, but you can get it at
      nytimes.com.

      Sara Ciborski
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 19, 2008
        I know you talked about the copyright confusion (one doesn't know
        whether to call it a "loophole" when that was, in fact, U.S. copyright
        law at the time) and I also know you talked about the numbers of
        allowable copies under specific import laws having been exceeded and
        that general sense of "not taking care of business"--

        That's what struck me, that there actually was an argument *for* ACE -
        I'd never heard any of their arguments before.

        This isn't to justify them, btw - just how it struck me 2 1/2 years
        ago in Birmingham.

        Of course, I'm always amazed that many of the same people who go
        outrageous over ACE publishing LOTR without proper authorization
        frequently download and share music, movies, software illegally... we
        do have a glamorous 'bad boys' image to piracy when, in fact, it's
        crime, it's stealing.

        -- Lynn --