Re: [mythsoc] Re: Lost (very trivial)

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      It's worth remembering the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes", whose principals were indeed named for the gloomy philosophers, and Calvin's teacher, Miss Wormwood - a deliberate Lewis reference.

      Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

      >> --- Matt Williams wrote: ---
      >> Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
      >> Staples Lewis?
      >
      >Yes, Matt, I did notice that. Very cool. "Lost" has a long tradition of naming characters after philosophers and theologians.
      >Other prominent examples are John Locke and Desmond David Hume.
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
        > Staples Lewis?
        >
        > Matt Williams

        Do they call her Jack?!
      • hobbitmrw
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

          > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
          > > Staples Lewis?
          > >
          > > Matt Williams
          >

          > Do they call her Jack?!

          They don't know her well enough yet, plus there is already a Jack on
          the show which could be confusing.

          Matt