RE: [mythsoc] Re: Lost (very trivial)

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      There's a blog called Toobworld, which discusses all things television, and it discussed the recent addition on Lost. I am putting the link below to a page with comments from readers, as I cannot quite figure out how to link just to that posting.

      http://toobworld.blogspot.com/2008/02/tiddlywinkydinks-perelandra-lost.html

      Hugh

      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.comFrom: visualweasel@...: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:40:13 -0800Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Lost (very trivial)

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        It's worth remembering the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes", whose principals were indeed named for the gloomy philosophers, and Calvin's teacher, Miss Wormwood - a deliberate Lewis reference.

        Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

        >> --- Matt Williams wrote: ---
        >> Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
        >> Staples Lewis?
        >
        >Yes, Matt, I did notice that. Very cool. "Lost" has a long tradition of naming characters after philosophers and theologians.
        >Other prominent examples are John Locke and Desmond David Hume.
      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
          > Staples Lewis?
          >
          > Matt Williams

          Do they call her Jack?!
        • hobbitmrw
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

            > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
            > > Staples Lewis?
            > >
            > > Matt Williams
            >

            > Do they call her Jack?!

            They don't know her well enough yet, plus there is already a Jack on
            the show which could be confusing.

            Matt