Lost (very trivial)

  • hobbitmrw
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
      Staples Lewis?

      Matt Williams
      Kearney, NE
    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        > --- Matt Williams wrote: ---
        > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
        > Staples Lewis?

        Yes, Matt, I did notice that. Very cool. "Lost" has a long tradition of naming characters after philosophers and theologians. Other prominent examples are John Locke and Desmond David Hume.

        Jason
      • Hugh Davis
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
          There's a blog called Toobworld, which discusses all things television, and it discussed the recent addition on Lost. I am putting the link below to a page with comments from readers, as I cannot quite figure out how to link just to that posting.

          http://toobworld.blogspot.com/2008/02/tiddlywinkydinks-perelandra-lost.html

          Hugh

          To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.comFrom: visualweasel@...: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 06:40:13 -0800Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Lost (very trivial)

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
            It's worth remembering the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes", whose principals were indeed named for the gloomy philosophers, and Calvin's teacher, Miss Wormwood - a deliberate Lewis reference.

            Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

            >> --- Matt Williams wrote: ---
            >> Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
            >> Staples Lewis?
            >
            >Yes, Matt, I did notice that. Very cool. "Lost" has a long tradition of naming characters after philosophers and theologians.
            >Other prominent examples are John Locke and Desmond David Hume.
          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@...> wrote:

              > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
              > Staples Lewis?
              >
              > Matt Williams

              Do they call her Jack?!
            • hobbitmrw
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
                --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

                > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmrw" <mrw@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Has anyone noticed that the new chick on Lost is named Charlotte
                > > Staples Lewis?
                > >
                > > Matt Williams
                >

                > Do they call her Jack?!

                They don't know her well enough yet, plus there is already a Jack on
                the show which could be confusing.

                Matt