Mythopoeic Awards -- Deadline Approaching

  • Oberhelman, D
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2008
      Greetings again,

      This is one last reminder to send in your nominations for the Mythopoeic Fantasy and Scholarship Awards by the end of this week. Eligibility requirements for books are available at

      http://www.mythsoc.org/awards/

      Also, if you would like to serve on one of the selection committees for the adult or children's fantasy, or scholarship (Inklings and fantasy/mythic studies), please me know as well.

      Please email me at awards@...

      Thank you!

      David
      Mythopoeic Awards Coordinator

      **************************************
      David D. Oberhelman
      Associate Professor
      Humanities-Social Sciences Division
      Oklahoma State University Library
      Stillwater, OK 74078
      Phone: (405) 744-9773
      Fax: (405) 744-7579
      Email: d.oberhelman@...

    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2008
        Let's hope these qualify: I don't usually like multi-volumed series, but these feel like they've got some real potential. I hope these reach you by deadline.

        Russell Kirkpatrick---Across the Face of the World (1) in the FIRE OF HEAVEN series, published by Orbit Books. Unfortunately, its copyright date is 2004, but it's the first I've seen of this series, published in mass market paper. Two subsequent volumes follow: In the Earth Abides the Flame (2) and The Right Hand of God (3). I think this fellow is from New Zealand.

        Carol Berg's Flesh and Spirit also looks promising, published by ROC. Its copyright date is 2007, followed by Breath and Bone (currently in trade paper). I don't know if there's to be a third. (I must admit that I fell for the cover art by Royo: really pretty), but the story is strong.

        Then there's Jeffrey Overstreet's Auralia's Colors: The Red Strand, published by Water Brook, copyright 2007. It's in trade paper only, alas. Cyndere's Midnight will follow as The Blue Strand.