Re: "A Long-Expected Party" (ALEP) in Kentucky

  • Jef Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2008
      David,

      I don't know...this event looks to be very informal
      and fun, and I expect your paper would be well
      received.

      Regarding costs, yes, you have to be careful to
      book the rooms separately, but this is true of most
      gatherings that I've attended. What's amazing about
      ALEP is that the entire event is being held at Shaker
      Village. Food is included in costs because there's
      _nowhere_ else to buy food within easy striking
      distance of the Village, and the whole village is
      being transformed into the Shire.

      For those unaware of this, it's certainly worth a
      look. First ever event of its kind that I'm aware of,
      at least in the U.S. And, it's being put together by
      fans, not by big corporate folk, so it should be a
      lovely and relaxed weekend.

      nai Eru lye mánata

      Jef

      Mystical Realms - Exploring the boundaries between worlds.....
      http://www.JefMurray.com