Re: C.S. Lewis & Inklings conference at APU/ALEP in Kentucky

  • Marcie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
      At least three people from the Tolkien Forever Fellowship in Los
      Angeles are planning to attend Tom Shippey's lecture at APU, and some
      6-8 people are planning to travel to the ALEP Hobbit Party, some with
      brand-new costumes for the event. Thanks for the posts!
      Your pal in SoCal,
      Marcie

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

      > I think I mentioned it before but finally they've got some details up
      > at their website:
      >
      > <http://www.apu.edu/inklingsconference/>
      >
      > Tom Shippey is speaking Thursday night, February 7th, and the event
      is
      > FREE - folks in Southern California should think about coming.
      >
      > -- Lynn --

    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
        I checked out the ALEP site; very pretty---and expensive. Though I live close to Lexington, and the room rate is not bad, the entry fee is a choker---though you do get a lot for the money.

        At least three people from the Tolkien Forever Fellowship in Los
        Angeles are planning to attend Tom Shippey's lecture at APU, and some
        6-8 people are planning to travel to the ALEP Hobbit Party, some with
        brand-new costumes for the event. Thanks for the posts!
        Your pal in SoCal,
        Marcie

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

        > I think I mentioned it before but finally they've got some details up
        > at their website:
        >
        > <http://www.apu.edu/inklingsconference/>
        >
        > Tom Shippey is speaking Thursday night, February 7th, and the event
        is
        > FREE - folks in Southern California should think about coming.
        >
        > -- Lynn --

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2008
          It was great to see you there, Marcie - Tom Shippey was fabulous, as
          you all knew he would be... {grin}

          == Lynn ==