Re: [mythsoc] "A Long-Expected Party" (ALEP) in Kentucky

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2008
      From: "jef.murray" <jef.murray@...> wrote:
      >I will be a guest of honour at the upcoming Tolkien
      >celebration, "A Long-Expected Party" (ALEP) in Kentucky in September,
      >2008. I was also asked to develop one of the logos used for the event.
      >You can see it on my website at:
      >http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jmurra2/jefmurraystudios/sketches/Sketch_ALEP_logo.html
      >. The official website for ALEP (and registration info) can be found
      >at: http://www.alongexpectedparty.org/ .

      Congratulations. I hope you have a good time.

      I took a look at their website, and it rather seems to me as if my paper arguing that "Hobbit Names Ain't From Kentucky" would not go over very well at this festive event. Too bad. Not that they seem to have much room for academics other than the designated Drout anyway.

      I also found it slightly unclear that room nights are apparently not included in the registration fee although meals are. The rooms are not expensive but the rates are hidden on a separate page. Ouch.