C.S. Lewis & Inklings conference at APU

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      I think I mentioned it before but finally they've got some details up
      at their website:

      <http://www.apu.edu/inklingsconference/>

      Tom Shippey is speaking Thursday night, February 7th, and the event is
      FREE - folks in Southern California should think about coming.

      -- Lynn --
    • Marcie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
        At least three people from the Tolkien Forever Fellowship in Los
        Angeles are planning to attend Tom Shippey's lecture at APU, and some
        6-8 people are planning to travel to the ALEP Hobbit Party, some with
        brand-new costumes for the event. Thanks for the posts!
        Your pal in SoCal,
        Marcie

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

        > I think I mentioned it before but finally they've got some details up
        > at their website:
        >
        > <http://www.apu.edu/inklingsconference/>
        >
        > Tom Shippey is speaking Thursday night, February 7th, and the event
        is
        > FREE - folks in Southern California should think about coming.
        >
        > -- Lynn --

      • Diane Joy Baker
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2008
          I checked out the ALEP site; very pretty---and expensive. Though I live close to Lexington, and the room rate is not bad, the entry fee is a choker---though you do get a lot for the money.

          At least three people from the Tolkien Forever Fellowship in Los
          Angeles are planning to attend Tom Shippey's lecture at APU, and some
          6-8 people are planning to travel to the ALEP Hobbit Party, some with
          brand-new costumes for the event. Thanks for the posts!
          Your pal in SoCal,
          Marcie

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

          > I think I mentioned it before but finally they've got some details up
          > at their website:
          >
          > <http://www.apu.edu/inklingsconference/>
          >
          > Tom Shippey is speaking Thursday night, February 7th, and the event
          is
          > FREE - folks in Southern California should think about coming.
          >
          > -- Lynn --

        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2008
            It was great to see you there, Marcie - Tom Shippey was fabulous, as
            you all knew he would be... {grin}

            == Lynn ==