Re: [mythsoc] 1971 BBC Interview of JRRT posted on youtube

  • John Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
      Interesting that Tolkien described Frodo's journey as an allegory of the human race, just before reiterating that he dislikes allegory whenever he smells it!

      John

        Consistency is overrated, especially in humans... {grin}

        -- Lynn --

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "John Davis" <mcxg46@...> wrote:

        > Interesting that Tolkien described Frodo's journey as an allegory of
        the human race, just before reiterating that he dislikes allegory
        whenever he smells it!

        > John

      • David Emerson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
          >Consistency is overrated, especially in humans... {grin}

          "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
          -- Ralph Waldo somebody-or-other

          emerdavid

          PeoplePC Online
          A better way to Internet
          http://www.peoplepc.com
        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
            > "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
            > -- Ralph Waldo somebody-or-other

            He goes on to write: "With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do."

            Go Inconsistency! :)
          • Doug Kane
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
              David Emerson wrote: