1971 BBC Interview of JRRT posted on youtube

  • Cristina A. Montes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2008
    • John Davis
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2008
        Interesting that Tolkien described Frodo's journey as an allegory of the human race, just before reiterating that he dislikes allegory whenever he smells it!

        John

          Consistency is overrated, especially in humans... {grin}

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "John Davis" <mcxg46@...> wrote:

          > Interesting that Tolkien described Frodo's journey as an allegory of
          the human race, just before reiterating that he dislikes allegory
          whenever he smells it!

          > John

        • David Emerson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
            >Consistency is overrated, especially in humans... {grin}

            "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
            -- Ralph Waldo somebody-or-other

            emerdavid

            PeoplePC Online
            A better way to Internet
            http://www.peoplepc.com
          • Jason Fisher
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
              > "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
              > -- Ralph Waldo somebody-or-other

              He goes on to write: "With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do."

              Go Inconsistency! :)
            • Doug Kane
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
                David Emerson wrote: