Re: Peter Jackson to be exec. producer of The Hobbit for New Line

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
      The link is no longer active and I've not tracked it down yet - did
      it say who was writing the screenplay?! I'm not concerned about
      Jackson as producer; he's a GREAT producer (consider all the good
      stuff in the LOTR film trilogy: locations, art direction, costumes,
      props, etc. - all the domain of producer as much as director) and by
      all accounts a lovely man with whom to work - he commands a great
      deal of loyalty (consider the stories behind the filming
      of "Apocalypse Now"... although, to be fair, many of those fall on
      Marlon Brando's craziness). No, to keep it together for one of the
      biggest, longest production efforts ever and have people come out of
      it happy - that's *huge success* in the industry.

      Don't write it off yet. Ever the optimist... <grin>

      -- Lynn --