Re: [mythsoc] Re: Peter Jackson to be exec. producer of The Hobbit for New Line

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
      "I am with you, Brain!"

      Grace Walker Monk

      (At times like this, I miss Mary Stolzenbach even more than normal, as she
      would have had the perfectly polite yet stingingly funny response to this sad
      news ...)

      In a message dated 12/18/2007 1:36:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      solicitr@... writes:

      My stomach hurts.

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman,
      D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

      > The director has not yet been announced
      >

      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/
      film_the_hobbit

    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
        The link is no longer active and I've not tracked it down yet - did
        it say who was writing the screenplay?! I'm not concerned about
        Jackson as producer; he's a GREAT producer (consider all the good
        stuff in the LOTR film trilogy: locations, art direction, costumes,
        props, etc. - all the domain of producer as much as director) and by
        all accounts a lovely man with whom to work - he commands a great
        deal of loyalty (consider the stories behind the filming
        of "Apocalypse Now"... although, to be fair, many of those fall on
        Marlon Brando's craziness). No, to keep it together for one of the
        biggest, longest production efforts ever and have people come out of
        it happy - that's *huge success* in the industry.

        Don't write it off yet. Ever the optimist... <grin>

        -- Lynn --