Peter Jackson to be exec. producer of The Hobbit for New Line

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
      On Dec 18, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Oberhelman, D wrote:
      > The director has not yet been announced
      >
      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/film_the_hobbit

      Thanks for posting the link, David.

      It'll be interesting to watch developments on this one.

      --JDR
    • William Cloud Hicklin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
        My stomach hurts.

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman,

      • Walkermonk@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
          "I am with you, Brain!"

          Grace Walker Monk

          (At times like this, I miss Mary Stolzenbach even more than normal, as she
          would have had the perfectly polite yet stingingly funny response to this sad
          news ...)

          D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

          > The director has not yet been announced
          >

          > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/
          film_the_hobbit

        • Lynn Maudlin
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
            The link is no longer active and I've not tracked it down yet - did
            it say who was writing the screenplay?! I'm not concerned about
            Jackson as producer; he's a GREAT producer (consider all the good
            stuff in the LOTR film trilogy: locations, art direction, costumes,
            props, etc. - all the domain of producer as much as director) and by
            all accounts a lovely man with whom to work - he commands a great
            deal of loyalty (consider the stories behind the filming
            of "Apocalypse Now"... although, to be fair, many of those fall on
            Marlon Brando's craziness). No, to keep it together for one of the
            biggest, longest production efforts ever and have people come out of
            it happy - that's *huge success* in the industry.

            Don't write it off yet. Ever the optimist... <grin>

            -- Lynn --