Peter Jackson to be exec. producer of The Hobbit for New Line

  • Oberhelman, D
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
      The director has not yet been announced

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/film_the_hobbit

      **************************************
      David D. Oberhelman
      Associate Professor
      Humanities-Social Sciences Division
      Oklahoma State University Library
      Stillwater, OK 74078
      Phone: (405) 744-9773
      Fax: (405) 744-7579
      Email: d.oberhelman@...

    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
        On Dec 18, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Oberhelman, D wrote:
        > The director has not yet been announced
        >
        > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/film_the_hobbit

        Thanks for posting the link, David.

        It'll be interesting to watch developments on this one.

        --JDR
      • William Cloud Hicklin
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
          My stomach hurts.

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman,

        • Walkermonk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
            "I am with you, Brain!"

            Grace Walker Monk

            (At times like this, I miss Mary Stolzenbach even more than normal, as she
            would have had the perfectly polite yet stingingly funny response to this sad
            news ...)

            D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

            > The director has not yet been announced
            >

            > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071218/ap_en_ot/
            film_the_hobbit

          • Lynn Maudlin
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19, 2007
              The link is no longer active and I've not tracked it down yet - did
              it say who was writing the screenplay?! I'm not concerned about
              Jackson as producer; he's a GREAT producer (consider all the good
              stuff in the LOTR film trilogy: locations, art direction, costumes,
              props, etc. - all the domain of producer as much as director) and by
              all accounts a lovely man with whom to work - he commands a great
              deal of loyalty (consider the stories behind the filming
              of "Apocalypse Now"... although, to be fair, many of those fall on
              Marlon Brando's craziness). No, to keep it together for one of the
              biggest, longest production efforts ever and have people come out of
              it happy - that's *huge success* in the industry.

              Don't write it off yet. Ever the optimist... <grin>

              -- Lynn --